Retribution Paladin Enchants is current for Cataclysm, Patch 4.0, Patch 4.0.6 and Patch 4.1. The Cataclysm enchants are now updated and current for Cataclysm. There are a few kinks to work out, but everything is pretty much straight-forward.
Everyone wants the best possible enchants for their Ret Paladins, so I have the best in slot (BiS) enchant list for each gear slot. I will try to keep this list updated as frequently as possible, but luckily for us, the best enchants are usually cemented in stone, unless a very high level enchant is released in a patch as a raid drop.
Ret Paladin Enchants
- Head: Arcanum of the Wildhammer (Alliance) or Arcanum of the Dragonmaw (Horde) – +60 Strength, +30 Mastery, Revered reputation with Wildhammer or Dragonmaw
- Cloak: Greater Critical Strike – +65 Critical Strike
- Shoulder: Greater Inscription of the Jagged Stone - +50 Strength, +25 Critical Strike, Exalted reputation with Therazane
- Chest: Peerless Stats – +20 Stats
- Bracers: Enchant Bracer – Major Strength – +50 Strength (Greater Assault – +50 Attack Power if Major Strength unavailable)
- Gloves: Mighty Strength – +50 Strength
- Belt: Ebonsteel Belt Buckle – Extra belt gem socket
- Legs: Dragonscale Leg Armor – +190 Attack Power, +55 Critical Strike
- Feet: Greater Assault – +32 Attack Power
- Weapon: Landslide or Avalanche *
*Landslide is the best enchant for Retribution Paladins, but if you cannot afford the mats or enchant, Avalanche is your next best bet.
Ret Paladin Profession Specific Enchants
- Leatherworking: Draconic Embossment – Strength (Wrist) – +130 strength
- Inscription: Lionsmane Inscription (Shoulder) – +130 Strength, +25 Critical Strike
- Tailoring: Swordguard Embroidery – Chance for 1000 Attack Power for 15 seconds
- Blacksmithing: Socket Bracer and Socket Glove – Adds an extra gem slot to bracers and gloves
- Enchanting: Enchant Ring: Strength – +40 Strength (+80 strength on 2 rings)
- Jewelcrafting: Bold Chimaera’s Eye – +67 Strength (3 gems max)
- Engineering: Tazik Shocker (Gloves) – 4320 to 5280 Nature damage at long range, once every 2 minutes.
Bracers and Boots, Attack Power enchants from Wrath?
Yes, because of the value of strength and its equivelant attack power in terms of DPS, both these enchants from Wrath work well for us. Bracers get a +50 strength enchant in Patch 4.0.6, so those will be better than the AP enchant, but if that particular enchant is unavailable, stick with the AP.
I see Paladins still using Beserking on level 85 weapons?
Me too. No clue why. Avalanche isn’t dirt cheap, but it won’t break the bank either…
No Hit or Expertise enchants?
It seems to be the better choice to Reforge for hit or expertise caps, and go with the enchants listed above. Strength and Attack Power (which translates to strength) are just too powerful at this current point in time. The only exception is for boot enchants, where mastery or hit must be chosen. Hit cap first, then Mastery.
Which professions are best for stat buffs?
Right now…Leatherworking, Tailoring, and Enchanting seem to provide the largest bonuses, Leatherworking by far the best. Tailoring is debatable since it is a procced buff. Will have more info when Cataclysm is released.